We need volunteers who can help care for children with disabilities by providing individual attention during Discipleship.
Every other week rotation on Sunday at either the 9:15 or the 10:45 discipleship hour.
● Embraces Hopewell’s mission of leading people to follow Christ
● Has been a member of Hopewell for at least 6 months
● Has completed the volunteer application process (including background check)
● Willing to be flexible and adaptable to best help the children
● Serve biweekly or as needed on Sunday morning at one service
● Effectively include children with special needs
● Adapt environment to best include the child with special needs
● Assist a small group leader as he/she leads a specific group of children
● Create a safe and welcoming environment for the child to learn
● Come prepared each week by reviewing the planned curriculum
● Connect relationally with assigned child
● Attend the occasional volunteer trainings
● Follow practices and procedures as outlined in the AK Volunteer Commitment